NHK Radio Taisou 1 and 2

Heaven knows how many decades the NHK RADIO morning calisthenics has been broadcast.  but its longevity is not an accident.  Instead of doing my 'morning stretches' after a long night of tango I have switched to this double set of morning calisthenics every day and after several months I can feel it is working.  Commentators say these two sets work so well because they aren't hard to do but they exercise every muscle group.  I can feel that is true from experience.  I used to think I was stretching all the muscle groups but when I switched to these two sets there is always some sore muscle I hit after dancing tango for several hours the night before.  Just thought I would pass along this tip to any tango dancers looking for a daily 'stretch'.

Also, note the person sitting in a chair.  I don't expect a tango dancer to be chair bound but...when your foot or leg has a dance injury...just follow the chair model for a few days!

Set 1 is designed for all ages from children to seniors.  Set 2 is designed for adults.  I just do both.

The current Set 1 and 2 now incorporates a little pre stretch before the set:




Here is the original recording of the 2 sets:



Comments